- 15-minute video teaching by Dr. Scott Turansky and Joanne Miller, RN, BSN with instructions for parents and a special insight for young people.
- A handout for taking notes while watching the video and a worksheet containing discussion questions.
- Parents can use the STARTING STRONG page to reflect on their own parenting and to give their young people a success principle for their lives.
- A family activity is included in each lesson to empower parents to engage their children through activity to teach a valuable heart-based principle.
There is story after story of children of all ages who have experienced major changes using a heart-based approach.
To find out more about the THRIVE! seminar and to schedule a seminar please contact us.
Keeping Your Sanity.
Parenting is Hard Work because
Parenting is Heart Work.
YES! THIS IS NOT JUST A DREAM! It is possible to raise children who follow instructions, cooperate, and do the right thing even when they don't feel like it, ALL WHILE KEEPING your sanity.
Many parents find themselves resorting to reward/punishment techniques to try to change their children. Unfortunately, that approach often feeds the selfishness in kids. Working on the heart is so important, but what does that look like? In this seminar you will learn different strategies and receive new tools that are:
- Practical Children need to know exactly what you expect of them. They need practical ideas for handling temptation, dealing with their emotions, and obeying. Parents are the primary source for teaching children how to handle life.
- Focus on the Heart It is much easier to focus on behavior than it is to change the heart, but the heart is the source of lasting growth. You can't force a change of heart, but you can influence children to make heart level adjustments. Ultimately, God the Father is the one who changes hearts. In this seminar you will learn strategies and ways to influence the heart so God can do what only He can do.
- Biblical God has given to us the scriptures and these are filled with wisdom that applies to family life. The Bible talks about handling injustice, overcoming selfishness, appealing to authority when you disagree, obeying when you don't feel like it, and the consequences of foolishness. In this seminar you will see how God's word has strategies and answers for the issues that families face.
- Adult Solutions to Children's Problems One of the major roles of parents is to train their children for the future. The things your kids learn now about obedience, honor, sacrifice, working hard, and handling anger will carry them into adulthood. Many of the problems children face are similar to those that adults are challenged with. This seminar shows how to break down adult solutions to a child's developmental stage, helping children to grow into adult solutions instead of remaining in childish solutions after becoming an adult.For more information on this seminar and to schedule one please contact us.
Weekly or Weekend coaching times are available.
Weekly or bi -weekly coaching and mentoring
To start on the road to seeing heart change in your family click here: Parent Coaching Program or contact us directly.